Monday, December 20, 2010

What I've done, People I've met.

As part of my treatment, I was an inpatient at the fabulous Teenage Cancer Trust Unit at University College Hospital London for ten days while I had my first chemotherapies, lumbar punctures, injections etc.

The facilities there and people were truly amazing and the sheer courage of some of the other teenage patients just completely humbled me. I got to know some of them through pizza parties and passing conversations and was very sad to leave them behind when I left.

There are so many different forms of the big 'c' disease- you can't fully comprehend how diverse and different each case is until you meet someone with it.

But I left UCHL inspired and optimistic and hopeful, despite that my treatment was just beginning, for some their journeys were finally looking up and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment